The Speaker of Imo State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Benjamin Uwajumogu has congratulated Imo Workers on the occasion of the 2012 MAY DAY celebration. He also urged the workers to use the occasion to reflect on the achievements of the Rescue Mission government of the present leadership in the state.
Rt. Hon. Uwajumogu who made the remark in a press briefing in his office stated that MAY DAY is a yearly ritual which the Nigerian (including students, market women and men, Professionals and members of the Human Right groups etc) observe with other people across the globe, should be seen as an occasion to reflect on how they have fared under the new government in the state, advising them to continue to show solidarity, love and support as they are being taken to the promised land.
“I salute Imo Workers on this occasion of MAY DAY celebration. This administration has made it possible for workers to serve the state under better working conditions vis-avis:
(1) The minimum wage of N20,000 instead of N18,000
(2) On-going renovation of the State secretariat
(3) Motorable roads in the state capital thereby making it easier for workers to report to work on time.
(4) Uniformed dresses for civil servants in the state.
(5) Freedom of speech and most importantly, the Peace and tranquility which has returned to the state. Uwajumogu continued, “All these have been possible because there is perfect legislative Partnership with the Executive arm of government. Because of this synergy of understanding, people oriented and life saving bills, motions and laws have been passed for the overall benefits of Imo Workers and other citizens. “Unquote”.
The vibrant Speaker therefore called on the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC), and the civil society Groups and others in the state to consolidate their support for the present government by joining hands to further move the state forward.